Think we’re bluffing? Well, let’s get down to it!
Known for its golden yellow hue, the Golden Saffron is an indispensable asset in ancient Chinese and Indian traditional medicine. No doubt, it’s been touted with various miraculous healing properties for over 4,000 years – mind boggling, right?
According to a recent review by NCBI, Turmeric is a major source of Polyphenol Curcumin, an effective anti-inflammatory and oxidative substance. Therefore, it’s an effective remedy against skin inflammation like acne and other skin conditions.
Mind you, this is just the tip of the iceberg when it comes to the beneficial effects of Turmeric. To help you understand and answer this age-old question. Let’s take an in-depth look at the importance of this powerful herb.
Importance of Turmeric in the Skincare Sector
Curcumin, a major component found in Turmeric powder is the wonder drug transforming every sector of the healthcare industry. According to recent studies, one ounce of this amazing herb provides your body with a large percentage of its daily requirements of Manganese and Iron. However, these benefits pale in comparison to the plethora of benefits of Turmeric in herbal cosmetics. Here are few examples of how Turmeric extract can help your skin:
Helps Eliminates Acne
Turmeric powder has an anti-inflammatory effect on certain skin conditions, like acne. Turmeric, a natural antiseptic, helps reduce the bacteria responsible for skin inflammation. Mind you, it’s more effective when coupled with Apple cider vinegar.
Helps Reduce Dark Circles
We can all agree on one thing, dark circles are a bother especially when you feel like you have to cover up with heavy makeup. With a Turmeric skincare routine, you can alleviate this bothersome skin condition. Turmeric is a natural lightening agent; this means you can apply it to help brighten dark circles without worrying about any skin irritation.
Revitalizes Dry Skin
Turmeric penetrates deeply and revitalizes the skin by speeding up the rate of dead skin cell removal for extra soft and healthy skin.
Using Turmeric powder in your skincare routine protects the skin from free radicals present in the air and helps shield your face from environmental damage. Unfortunately, not everyone knows the most effective ways to add Turmeric into their skincare routine. This is a dilemma we aim to solve in the next section.
The Best Ways to Apply Turmeric on the Face:
Applying Turmeric as a Basic Face Mask
Exfoliating the skin helps to get rid of dead skin cell layers that build up on your face and help prevent the risk of bacterial infections. To maintain your skin’s health, and an even complexion, utilize Turmeric powder.
- First, add a few teaspoons of Turmeric powder into a bowl. Try to use fresh Turmeric powder for an even better result.
- Add Greek yogurt or full-fat yogurt to the bowl. Add a dollop of honey to the mixture and stir, ensuring that you create a thin paste. Apply an even layer onto your face, avoiding your eye and mouth area.
- Let the mask dry for 20 to 30 minutes before peeling off the mixture. Mind you, you can let it stay longer if you want to treat a problem area like acne.
Applying Turmeric for Glowing Skin
Trying to remove those telltale signs of dull, irritated skin? Applying a turmeric paste will brighten your complexion right up! Here’s how to maintain a youthful glow:
- Add a quart-teaspoon of Turmeric powder into a bowl.
- Mix in Greek or full-fat yogurt, 2 teaspoons of Raw Honey, Coconut Milk, and two teaspoons of Chickpea Flour. Stir all ingredients together to form a dense paste.
- Apply on the face or affected area with clean fingers. Wash off after 10 – 15 minutes. Don’t forget to moisturize!
Applying Turmeric to Help Reduce Inflammation
As mentioned earlier, Curcumin, Turmeric’s active ingredient, is effective against inflammation.
- Cleanse your face with a warm cloth, this will open your pores and allow the mask to be more effective.
- Now, mix one teaspoon of Turmeric powder, one teaspoon of Greek Yogurt, and a teaspoon of Honey into a bowl.
- Apply the Turmeric paste thickly on the affected area and let it sit. After 10 to 20 minutes, use a clean cloth and warm water to gently remove the paste. This is the point where you must watch out for Turmeric stains.
- Continue dabbing until there isn’t any residue or stains remaining. Pro Tip: You can use moist cotton balls to remove Turmeric from crevices or creases in the skin.
Did you know?
Urban Secrets has a Turmeric Aloe Vera Sheet Mask,
very easy to apply! Click here and find near you!
It’s been an eventful journey discovering the benefits of this herbal ingredient. We can now say that Turmeric definitely remains in the hall of fame for highly beneficial herbal extracts. Turmeric’s efficacy and easy usage makes this herb a cherished ingredient for most skincare enthusiasts.
Share your opinions and favorite Turmeric DIY tricks in the comments below!